Here’s 6 Essential Digital Marketing Tips to help you beat your competition.
The world is quickly becoming 100% digital and people are now consuming more digital information than ever before.
This is why every business needs a digital marketing strategy and an online presence, only a couple of years ago having a website was a luxury but now it’s essential as there are millions of people searching the web every minute of the day.
We know that so many businesses struggle when it comes to marketing online due to resources and budgets. With digital marketing constantly growing it makes it even more difficult for business owners to keep up to speed with the latest trends. Measurement, statistics and content between social media, website, email and online advertising overlap and are influenced by one and other so it has become very important that they all work hand-in-hand.
Below we will give you 6 essential digital marketing tips on how you can create a successful online marketing plan.
1. Having an effective website – Having a website that works and represents your business is crucial these days especially as it could be the first introduction for your customers and as we all know first impressions count. Here at Escalate we create responsive websites which insure your website will work affectively on all mobile devices this is a hugely important factor as over 70% of smartphone users now make purchase through their device. If your website isn’t responsive you will lose clients within 5 seconds.
2. Online Strategy and Plan – Having an online digital marketing strategy and plan is the next important step to success for your online business. When it comes to strategy it’s important you outline your goals from the start along with the budget you have to spend. The great thing about online marketing is that you don’t have to have a huge budget to be successful. We have helped many businesses reach their goals through organic search engines and social media platforms. For a business owner sometimes the hardest part of this is knowing what channels are best for your audience.
3. Social Media & Advertising – Social Media has given businesses the opportunity to create relationships on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram and the list goes on… The most important thing to remember is if you are setting up and using social media platforms for your business you have to be consistent posting one week to the next won’t help your business grow and it won’t reflect well on your business. Advertising on Facebook now plays a big part in any social media strategy, over the past year Facebook has changed its algorithms and has decreased organic post reach to about 2-5% this has pushed businesses towards paid advertising, but if done right this doesn’t require a huge budget.
4. Email Marketing – Email marketing still remains a vital part of any digital marketing strategy, growing your email lists and collecting data gives you the opportunity to reach your customers directly. Remember when creating email campaigns that you need to add value to each email with rich, valuable information and we always advise to add in an offer, competition or reward. Mobile users are increasing every day and open rates on mobile devices are constantly getting higher so make sure your email design is responsive and looks good on mobile.
5. Blogging – Blogging is a great way of advertising your business if you don’t already know, content is king and Google and other search engines love active websites with useful content. Posting new content daily/weekly will attract Google back more often to crawl your website for information picking up keywords that can be served up on their SERPs (search engine results pages).
6. Web Analytics – Setting up Google analytics is essential for tracking and reviewing all online efforts to your website. With google analytics you can review unique visits, returning visitors, visit duration, bounce rates, geo location, referral traffic, mobile visits, pages viewed, social metrics and conversions rates to name a few.
You can find out more about google analytics here.
Remember you need to track and measure all channels used, be on top of what is working and make adjustments where needed to create better results.
If this all seems to much to handle give us a call today and let’s get started.
The basics of how to get to the top of Google Let us guess: you run or even own a restaurant or bar that you’ve put a lot of work into, and people love it! However, despite all this, you can’t easily find your business when you search on Google? Yeah, don’t worry,...
Are you the owner of a hotel or hostel? Feeling a bit overwhelmed or out of the loop when it comes to social media and how you can use it to grow your business? Don’t worry - we’ve got you covered. In this post we’ll share some statistics about the...
In a world where digital marketing has become increasingly more effective and cost efficient than traditional marketing, Instagram is one of the largest social media platforms at our disposal that we can use to enhance your online presence and brand awareness...