RattanCube is one of Ireland’s leading suppliers of outdoor, rattan-style furniture.
RattanCube is a supplier of premium rattan-style furniture based in Dublin. They have a wide range of different products and styles, from 8 seater family dining tables to single egg chairs to garden fire pits.
They have their warehouse and showroom based in Dublin and are also active online with their own website, Facebook, Instagram and Trustpilot accounts.
Despite growing a successful business via their physical showroom and high-quality products, the digital aspect of RattanCube’s business was not delivering the desired number of leads and sales to help the business grow overall.
Their website was not fit for purpose to allow people to easily browse products and contact RattanCube with questions and queries.
The ads RattanCube were running online via Facebook were not reaching the desired audience, were not leading to a high number of clicks and conversions, and the cost per ad and cost per click were too high.
There was no social media plan in place for RattanCube to reach the right audience with engaging content. The number of followers and engagement levels were very low across Instagram and Facebook.
RattanCube’s sales were not seeing too much growth and their presence online was weak and a little bit dated. A total overhaul and rebrand was badly needed. So the key question we asked ourselves was;
“What is the best way to get RattanCube in front of the key target audience online, increase overall brand awareness and brand recognition, and ultimately grow sales?”
Then it was time to get to work!
So we devised a clear 4 step plan to breathe new life into RattanCube online.
The plan centered around;
- A total rebrand and a new website.
- A new social media plan.
- A Google Ads strategy.
- An email marketing plan.
RattanCube Rebranding & A New Website.
The old branding, logo and colour-scheme for RattanCube was a little dated and we also felt it did not represent the high-quality, premium products being sold.
So we went from the old branding which looked like this…
Before finally agreeing on a new logo, branding and colour scheme that looks like this…
Once the rebranding was done we moved onto the website. Again, the old site was dated and needed a total overhaul to match the new branding and colour-scheme. The website needed to;
- Be sleek and reflective of the premium products being sold
- Showcase the full range of products in an organised manner
- Provide details of pricing and delivery times
- Provide basic information like contact details, address, FAQs, etc.
You can see the finished product and the new RattanCube website here.
The website was wrapped-up and that was phase 1 completed!
Create A Social Media Plan.
RattanCube had active accounts on Facebook and Instagram, but there was no real plan in place to optimise the use of these platforms.
We updated the accounts to reflect the new branding and contain links to the new site and then sat down and asked ourselves;
- What are the main content pillars of the brand?
- How often should we be posting to social media?
- How will we best utilise the other features such as stories?
- Do we need to be active on any other platforms?
- What other social media tactics can we use to grow the brand?
In answering all of these questions a definitive social media strategy was drawn-up that would give RattanCube consistency on Facebook and Instagram. The new strategy would also help move towards the overall goal of increasing RattanCube’s sales.
The grid on Instagram now looks like this……
We created a Trustpilot account to allow customers to give feedback on RattanCube’s products and services…..
We began to run giveaways and special campaigns, such as a very successful influencer marketing campaign with Irish influencer Belle Azzure.
You can read all about the influencer marketing campaign that we ran with RattanCube and Belle Azzure here.
With all of this in place and running week-to-week, phase 2 was completed!
We then moved onto Google and how RattanCube could improve their performance here.
First was a simple step that any business can take, which is improving their SEO ranking on Google by including key search terms on the new RattanCube website. So in the product descriptions on the website we made sure to include search terms that people are looking for.
Part two was to begin implementing Google Ads and bidding on key search terms related to RattanCube. After doing some research and some trial-and-error testing we found the perfect formula of the keywords to bid on and the ads that produced the best results.
So now if you Google terms related to RattanCube or rattan-style furniture, you will see ads like this;
Email Marketing Strategy.
A totally untapped resource of RattanCube’s was their email list. They had the active email addresses of thousands of customers, but were not utilising it towards the goal of creating a more engaged following and ultimately driving sales.
We developed an email marketing strategy whereby the people on their mailing list would receive news about new products and sales before anyone else, as well as giving these people the chance to enter giveaways and competitions.
We are now over a year into the new online plan for RattanCube and some of the results we have recorded include;
- With the new plan for Google Ads we actually lowered advertising costs by 77%, as well as lowering the average cost per click on digital ads by 86%.
- We increased online sales over a year by an average of 300%.
- We created a new distinct logo, branding and colour scheme that is now easily recognisable with the RattanCube brand.
- We have grown social media following across Facebook and Instagram to almost 14,000 people.
- We have established a Trustpilot account in which RattanCube rates as “Excellent”.
- We have partnered with well-known influencers to run hugely successful social media campaigns and giveaways, with people like Belle Azzure.
- We have allowed the team at RattanCube to focus on other organisational matters, safe in the knowledge that all things digital are being taken care of.